Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Dikang Gu <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/07 07:29:38 UTC

Do I have to use the cql in the datastax java driver?

Hi there,

In the datastax java driver, do I have to use the cql to talk to cassandra
cluster?

Can I still use thrift interface to talk to cassandra? Any reason that we
should not use thrift anymore?

Thanks.
--
Dikang

Re: Do I have to use the cql in the datastax java driver?

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 6:57 AM, Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com> wrote:

> You shouldn't use thrift, it's effectively dead.
>

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:30 PM Dikang Gu <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can I still use thrift interface to talk to cassandra? Any reason that we
>> should not use thrift anymore?

I agree with Jonathan.

In my opinion, Thrift is highly likely to eventually be removed from
Cassandra. I recommend that operators of new projects not use it.

=Rob

Re: Do I have to use the cql in the datastax java driver?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.