Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Даниел Симеонов <ds...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 15:09:51 UTC

Re: busy thread on IncomingStreamReader ?

Hi,
  I've experienced the same problem, two nodes got stuck with CPU at 99% and
the following source code from IncomingStreamReader class:

while (bytesRead < pendingFile.getExpectedBytes()) {
                bytesRead += fc.transferFrom(socketChannel, bytesRead,
FileStreamTask.CHUNK_SIZE);
                pendingFile.update(bytesRead);
            }

the cycle seems to loop forever...
after both Cassandra instances were restarted the problem didn't occur.

Best regards, Daniel.

Re: busy thread on IncomingStreamReader ?

Posted by Ingram Chen <in...@gmail.com>.
We have this problem initially. but it disappeared after several days'
operation. so we have no chance to investigate problems more.

--
Ingram Chen
online share order: http://dinbendon.net