Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/12 19:31:53 UTC

XmlSchema activities

Thank you all for voting me in as a committer.

I have three pieces of work I'd like to get started on.

1) I'd like to apply the outstanding CXF-related patches and then see
if I can't make a release. What would the appropriate branch be for
that activity?

2) I'd like to start the '2.0' branch, as proposed in previous email.
It will be a while before that is anything but snapshots.

3) I'd like to spruce up the website.

The POM for XmlSchema has a very old list of committers in it. In the
2.0 branch, at least, I'd like to replace that with a pointer to this
group. However, if people would rather be listed as individuals,
please send me, or post here, current, working email addresses to
replace the busted ones that are currently in the pom.

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Benson,

What's the plan for 2.0? What will be new / better / faster / cheaper etc.? :)

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Please apply patches to both the branch and the trunk :)

-- dims

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
created a branch:

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1, to be formal about it.

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
That would make sense to me, as I've seen other projects use the trunk
for 'the next big thing' and branches for ongoing support. Would you
think that a point release pointing at CXF would come off of that
trunk (via copying and labelling) or would that be a matter of
cooperating with the Axis2 effort?

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Benson,

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: XmlSchema activities

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Benson,

#1) Please use the trunk.

#2) please make a new branch from trunk.

#3) Please make appropriate changes in svn. Once you generate the web