Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Re...@aol.com on 2004/03/15 11:32:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Question install and uninstall

Dear friends,
I uninstalled apache 2.0.45 and reinstalled 2.0.48.
Once I check apache it gives me message apache 1.3.23 running.
I expect to get  Apache2.0.48.running

What is happening.

Any comments, please.

Asif

Re: [users@httpd] Question install and uninstall

Posted by "ing.Martin Prásek" <pr...@silesia.cz>.
Maybe  there is some stalled old  Apache 1.3 executable in your path  and  Apache 2.x executable  is installed in different location and your startup scripts (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd) still points to the old executable only.