Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Joshua Oransky <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/17 22:28:27 UTC

How do I create an overall visual style for my templates?

	I need to have a common look around the edges of my sling
templates... Things like a nav, background, footer, etc...  In fact,
the only thing that changes is the middle div... how is the best way
to set up these files?

	I would think that a global layout.jst would be defined, and in it a
general 'include content.jst" but how can I tell it to use the
content.jst of my current resourceType?

	Or am I totally missing how to set this up?

	-Josh

Re: How do I create an overall visual style for my templates?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

By employing the resource type hierarchy mechanism you can easily do
this: Define a "core" resource type - say sample/base - and define your
main scripts there. Then you extend from this resource type to define
the content scripts.

For example define a sample/album resource type with the sample/base as
its super resource type, just set the sling:superResourceType property
of the /apps/sample/album node to sample/base and you are done.

This should help.

Regards
Felix