Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Choe <ch...@mindspring.com> on 2002/09/05 18:26:07 UTC

files open limit

i have been getting an error on my FreeBSD 3.4 system which is running
tomcat 3.2.  after a while, i get a 'too many files open in system' error
and it freezes tomcat and the whole server.

i looked at the ulimit on the system and it says that the file limit is
1024.  i have no idea if this is too low normally.  it seems to be too low
for my usage.  i even went back to check my webapps to make sure that i am
close all the connections, but it seems that some connections, files and
databases, are being kept open.  is there anyway to know which webapps are
causing the problem?

Re: files open limit

Posted by Rafael Angarita <ra...@telcel.net.ve>.
  Try using lsof, this tool could help you telling which fd are opened
by a specific process:
    # lsof -i -n|grep PID

--

Rafael Angarita