Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Vivien Meng <V....@qsrinternational.com> on 2013/04/20 14:56:52 UTC

Japanese Kuromoji Analyzer

To whom this may concern:

Is there any plan to convert the Java version of Kuromoji Japanese Analyzer to .Net c#?

If so, when roughly is it going to be released to public?

Thanks.

Vivien Meng    Senior Developer

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road   |   Doncaster 3108 Victoria Australia
T  +61 3 9840 4900  D  +61 3 9840 4939  F  +61 3 9840 1500
V.Meng@qsrinternational.com<ma...@qsrinternational.com>   |   www.qsrinternational.com<http://www.qsrinternational.com/>

Please consider the environment before printing this email [http://download.qsrinternational.com/Resource/QSR_enviro-graphic.gif]
         [http://download.qsrinternational.com/Resource/QSR-NVivo.jpg]

________________________________

Disclaimer
This transmission may contain information which is confidential and privileged and intended only for the addressee. If you are not the addressee you may not use, disseminate or copy this information. If you have received this information in error please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

Re: Japanese Kuromoji Analyzer

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.
The plan is to get as much of the java code ported as possible, and this
would include the Japanese Kuromoji Analyzer.  As for specific plans or
timelines to get this released, that is difficult to determine.

The original Kuromoji analyzer was donated to Lucene at 3.6.  Currently,
we're only at 3.0.3, so much of the question is can it be easily
backported, i.e., is the API for analyzers in 3.6 similar enough to 3.0.3
or 3.1 for it to be quickly ported to C#.

If you could create a feature request in our issue tracker:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET requesting it be ported, we
can more easily keep track of it and assign it to a version as it's being
worked on.

Thanks,
Christopher