Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rupert Young <ru...@liberty.nildram.co.uk> on 2002/06/28 00:57:21 UTC

Virtual hosts with Apache2.0.39/Tomcat4.0.3/mod_jk/Win2k

Hi,

I've looked through the docs, faqs and list archives to find a solution to
my problem, but am going round in circles, perhaps spmeone can help.

I have the above system and am trying to set up a virtual host, through
which I can run the jsp files.  I am able to set up a virtual host to run
static files in the Apache2 directory, with this directive in httpd.conf.

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerName web.myhost.org
	DocumentRoot "C:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs/webdocs/web"
</VirtualHost>

This works fine.  Now what I want to do is link to a webapp and have tomcat
run the jsp files. I tried this,

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerName bliss.myhost.org
	DocumentRoot "C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/bliss"
	JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
</VirtualHost>

as I want to run like this http://bliss.myhost.org/index.jsp, but I get a
404 error. With JkMount /bliss/*.jsp ajp13 it's treated like a static page.
This does work however http://localhost/bliss/index.jsp

I also tried adding a <Host> directive to my tomcat server.xml (I have the
line 'Include "c:/Apache/Tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf" ' in my httpd.conf),
but that seemed to screw things up completely.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful.

Regards,
Rupert