Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/15 10:46:27 UTC

Plugin / Tool for local repository

Hi to all,

I wonder if there is a plugin/tool available to clean a local repository ?

After some time repository could became huge with many snapshots or
versions (when using ranges) and the only way, for now, is just to
clean up by hand.

Repository managers like Nexus or Archiva does this cleanup, that's
why I wonder if such service could exist in a maven plugin.

Regards

Re: Plugin / Tool for local repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Mohan KR<km...@gmail.com> wrote:
> same here, interested in any updates on the plugin from the discussion
> below. Don't want to whip out another one
> if it already exists.

The code definitely exists -- Apache Continuum has a feature that
purges the local repo used for builds:
http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.3/administrator_guides/purgeConfiguration.html

I don't know that it's been wrapped in a plugin though.

--
Wendy

RE: Plugin / Tool for local repository

Posted by Tim Andersen <ta...@studentloan.org>.
We use a scheduled task that runs a Ruby program to delete our local repository if it is older than a week.  You could manipulate this to only delete snapshots, but I prefer to get everything fresh to make sure our internal mirror is working correctly.  The full version of this program (not included) also does nifty chores such as defragging and updating Subversion directories. If you're interested in more admin tasks with Ruby I suggest: http://www.pragprog.com/titles/bmsft/everyday-scripting-with-ruby

Here's the Ruby code snippet to blast the maven repository:

#Delete the local maven repository if it is older than a week
m2_repo = "c:\\path\\to\\your\\maven\\repo"
if File.exists?(m2_repo)
        one_week_in_seconds = 604800
        dir_age = start - File.ctime(m2_repo)

        if (dir_age > one_week_in_seconds)
                puts "#{m2_repo} was created #{dir_age} seconds ago."
                puts "Deleting #{m2_repo}"
                FileUtils.rm_rf(m2_repo)
                puts "Finished deleting #{m2_repo}"
        else
                puts "Skipped deleting #{m2_repo} it's only #{dir_age} seconds old"
        end
        "No directory #{m2_repo}"
end

same here, interested in any updates on the plugin from the discussion
below. Don't want to whip out another one
if it already exists.

Thanks,
mohan kr

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.