Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Shailesh N. Humbad" <hu...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/31 21:32:07 UTC

[users@httpd] length of unique_id

On this page:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_unique_id.html

it says, "The UNIQUE_ID environment variable is constructed by encoding
the 112-bit (32-bit IP address, 32 bit pid, 32 bit time stamp, 16 bit
counter) quadruple using the alphabet [A-Za-z0-9@-] in a manner similar
to MIME base64 encoding, producing 19 characters."

However, in the log files of my new server, the Unique ID is always 24
characters.  Am I missing something?

I enabled mod_unique_id and put it in my LogFormat like this
"%{UNIQUE_ID}e".  I have Apache 2.2.3 on FreeBSD 6.0.  The length is not
causing me any problems, I just want to know if something was changed.

Thanks,
Shailesh