Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by N H <nh...@yahoo.com> on 2016/07/22 17:13:25 UTC

fail over in flow

Hi,
We have a simple scenario. There are 2 connections between 2 nifi instances (using site2site and diffrenet IPS. Each side runs single instance of Nifi). If data could not be sent via first connection during t1  (for example network failure), it must be sent via 2nd connection (using another IP of the same destinatin server using another parallel network). How I implement it ?

Re: fail over in flow

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello

The way site to site works today it takes care of the automated
fail-over and load balanced delivery between NiFi Clusters.  We did
not, however, make it so that in failure cases you could then elect to
send the data down an alternative path.

That certainly is a good idea and please do file a JIRA.

For your current setup you might find PostHTTP (on sending side and do
so 'as flowfile') and ListentHTTP (on receiving side) as the right
tool for the job.  If you have clusters on either end then site to
site becomes really powerful.  In the PostHTTP case you can absolutely
do whatever you like with failures such as looping around or routing
to an alternative location.

Thanks
JOe