Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com> on 2013/09/26 16:26:18 UTC

w3c DAP WG discussing vibration strength

FYI, the w3c Device API's Working Group is discussing the idea of adding
strength to the vibration command.  more information can be found here:
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/146

Does anyone here have any opinion one way or another on this change and
how it might affect our cordova vibration spec?

proposal example:

Vibration API strength proposal with stair-stepping/smooth volume
reduce/increase:

navigator.vibrate([
{
"time": 200, // Required property.
"volume": [0, 80] // Minimum 0, maximum 100, default 100. [0, 80] smooth
volume increase - starts volume strength at 0 and smoothly increases to 80
till end.
},
{
"time": 1000, // 1000 ms
"delay": 50, // Will start vibrate after 50 ms. Default 0 ms
"volume": [0, 100, 0] // Smooth volume reduce-increas-reduce - starts at
0, smoothly increases to 100 in 50 ms and smooth reduce to 0 at end.
},
{
"time": 200,
"volume": [50] // Stair-stepping volume - will start and end volume
strength 50.
}
]);

or the same in simplified version without strings:

navigator.vibrate([{200, [0, 80]}, {1000, 50, [0, 100, 0]}, {200, [50]}]);

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
ldeluca@apache.org

Re: w3c DAP WG discussing vibration strength

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
FYI, none of the device SDKs currently support this ( maybe BB? ), which is
what I implied previously.  It will be ignored everywhere for awhile.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.