Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marco Huber <mh...@project-team.de> on 2009/11/02 12:02:48 UTC

Creating own component with RichFaces CDK

Hi all,

I have a little problem with creating own components, generated with
RichFaces CDK.

I wrote a component extending the a4j:commandButton with some more
attributes. If I use this component the defined action method is
executed when the page is rendered.

To validate the problem I copied the original cdk a4j:commandButton
files into my taglib project. I don't change any line of code, so that
is still the same commandButton.
If I use this copied commandButton in my JSF page, the action is also
executed during the page rendering.

Here a part of my JSF page:

Code:

<a4j:outputPanel id="addItemControls" rendered="#{invoice.editable}">
         <myLib:commandButton action="#{invoice.initLineItem()}"
                                         reRender="addItemPanel,
addItemInput"

image="/public/media/icons/icon-add.png"
                                         style="width: 20px;"/>
                             </a4j:outputPanel>

I've set up a new project without Trinidad, and the component works as
expected: No action is call during the rendering phase.

Do I have to configure Trinidad to use it with own components using some
ajax features?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Marco