Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com> on 2024/03/28 23:21:35 UTC

[VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 37.0.0 RC1

Hi,

I would like to propose a release of Apache Arrow DataFusion Implementation,
version 37.0.0.

This release candidate is based on commit:
799be5e76bd631608b2357dbbe600afc2cebc359 [1]
The proposed release tarball and signatures are hosted at [2].
The changelog is located at [3].

Please download, verify checksums and signatures, run the unit tests, and
vote
on the release. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but all members of the community
are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

The standard verification procedure is documented at
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/main/dev/release/README.md#verifying-release-candidates
.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 37.0.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 37.0.0 because...

Here is my vote:

+1

*NOTE: I had to set RUST_MIN_STACK=3000000 for the tests to pass.*

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/tree/799be5e76bd631608b2357dbbe600afc2cebc359
[2]:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-datafusion-37.0.0-rc1
[3]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/799be5e76bd631608b2357dbbe600afc2cebc359/CHANGELOG.md

Re: [VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 37.0.0 RC1

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
Update here is that Denise did in fact find another regression in 37.0.0
[1]  and I verified the same query works in 36.0.0 [2]

There is a PR[3] up to fix it

Andrew

[1]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/issues/9870
[2]: