Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com> on 2016/03/15 18:27:38 UTC

Trunk Build Failure

The current trunk of sling fails in the JCR Resource Resolver with these tests:

Failed tests:
  JcrModifiablePropertyMapTest>JcrPropertyMapTest.testJCRType:76->JcrPropertyMapTest.testValue:258 expected:<-28800000> but was:<-25200000>
  JcrPropertyMapTest.testJCRType:76->testValue:258 expected:<-28800000> but was:<-25200000>

I am running Maven 3.25 on Java 1.8.0_31 on Mac OS X 10.11.

Any ideas if I doing something wrong here?

Cheers - Andy

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Wednesday 16 March 2016 17:01:01 Andreas Schaefer Sr. wrote:
> There is another issue I encountered. The RAT plugin is complaining about
> IntelliJ Module files (*.iml) files.
>
> I did include the exclude for **/*.iml but that is only local. I will
> include the change to the Parent POM inside the latest project but there
> are other POM files that do not have the exclude.
>
> I discussed this with Robert a while ago but the current Sling will not
> build for anyone using IntelliJ to work with Sling.

That is not true. I'm using IDEA with no special rat configuration and rat
doesn't complain about my *.iml files, see for default IDEA excludes:

http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/rat-mojo.html#useIdeaDefaultExcludes

Regards,
O.

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.
Thanks for the hint. Wasn’t aware that Git would not remove these files during a merge but now I know. A nice “git clean” worked wonders.

- Andy

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.
Ok, took some time to reproduce but it fails in the "Apache Sling Testing Modules Reactor” module.

[INFO] Rat check: Summary of files. Unapproved: 3 unknown: 3 generated: 0 approved: 1 license.

Rat.txt:

*******************************

Unapproved licenses:

  /Users/schaefa/Dropbox/Shared.Development/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/testing/samples/failing-tests/org.apache.sling.testing.samples.failingtests.iml
  /Users/schaefa/Dropbox/Shared.Development/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/testing/samples/integration-tests/org.apache.sling.testing.samples.integrationtests.iml
  /Users/schaefa/Dropbox/Shared.Development/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/testing/samples/sample-tests/org.apache.sling.testing.samples.sampletests.iml

*******************************

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.
Ok, that did the trick.

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.
I knew I saw that before and the issue is the Timezone.

California does already have Daylight Savings Time and I would guess that’s the issue here.

This line is causing the failure:

Assert.assertEquals(expected.getTimeZone().getRawOffset(), actual.getTimeZone().getRawOffset());

inside org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.AssertCalendar.

I cannot figure out where the original instance of the Calendar is switched but I will see if I can get the debugger up (IntelliJ is not cooperating right now).

- Andy

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.
Got the same when checked out the code from SVN:

Andreass-MacBook-Pro:sling-trunk schaefa$ svn info
Repository Root: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 1735153
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: bdelacretaz
Last Changed Rev: 1735140
Last Changed Date: 2016-03-15 09:55:42 -0700 (Tue, 15 Mar 2016)

- Andy

Re: Trunk Build Failure

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Trunk Build Failure