Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 18:08:16 UTC

Avro messages from Kafka topic

I got a Kafka topic with messages in Avro format. I would like to display
the live stream of these events in a web app. Are there any streaming
consumer clients to convert the Avro messages into some readable format, if
not any insight into how I can achieve this would be very helpful?

Thanks!

Re: Avro messages from Kafka topic

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <rv...@gracenote.com>.
We publish messages to kafka in Thrift format.  We use the old simple
consumer and just retrieve the message bytes, transform back to object
model using Thrift API and do whatever our application needs with it.