Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2007/11/28 18:25:47 UTC

Re: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] 10.3.2 release

Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 3:50 PM, Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>>> I found a small problem with the -src distribution.
>>>
>> Andrew, do you think we need to recreate the release candidate for this?
>>

> I think this kind of license-type issue is best handled as soon as it
> comes up.
I think I will go ahead and roll a new release candidate to pick up
Andrew's change.  I am canceling the vote.  Please hold off on checking
into 10.3 today until I get it posted.

Kathey

Re: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] 10.3.2 release

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>> I think we must include Andrew's change. Since this is primarily an
>> administrative change, would it be possible to update the existing
>> release to only include this change?
>>
> There is a problem with the release process that you have to update to
> the latest to create the release or the sysinfo output is a range
> instead of a version,

Alternatively you could create a 10.3.2 branch from the revision of the
first release candidate and merge the single fix from 10.3 to
10.3.2. Not saying you should, only that you could if such a need ever
arises.

--
Knut Anders

Re: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] 10.3.2 release

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Laura Stewart wrote:
> Kathey -
>
> What time today do you expect to create the next release candidate?

I think within the next hour. I am just finishing up  a sanity test run
(so far so good).
If you are eager to get at it, it sits at:
 http://people.apache.org/~kmarsden/derby10.3.2.1.599110/

Re: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] 10.3.2 release

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
Kathey -

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I think we must include Andrew's change. Since this is primarily an
> administrative change, would it be possible to update the existing
> release to only include this change?

There is a problem with the release process that you have to update to
the latest to create the release or the sysinfo output is a range
instead of a version, so we will pick up all 10.3 changes since the
first release candidate. Besides the backout of DERBY-3083 needs to go
in as well, so it should all work out.

Kathey

Re: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] 10.3.2 release

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@fastmail.fm>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>> On Nov 27, 2007 3:50 PM, Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Andrew, do you think we need to recreate the release candidate for
>>> this?
>>>

>> I think this kind of license-type issue is best handled as soon as it
>> comes up.
> I think I will go ahead and roll a new release candidate to pick up
> Andrew's change.  I am canceling the vote.  Please hold off on
> checking into 10.3 today until I get it posted.
I think we must include Andrew's change. Since this is primarily an
administrative change, would it be possible to update the existing
release to only include this change?

 -jean