Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/02 17:09:03 UTC

Re: startup script not working

On Sun, 2 May 2004 17:01:44 +0200, Bedrijven.nl <ma...@bedrijven.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am downloading distribution Tomcat 5.5.7.zip and unzip it. When I try to
> run the startup script the CMD prompt window show up, throw an error and
> closes automatically. So Anyone know what the error could be?? There is no
> errorlog sterr or something else available. Please help!!

Is your JAVA_HOME environment variable set to the root directory of a
JDK install? Something like C:\JDK_1.4.2_02

Try opening up a command prompt and then running startup.bat from
there so you can see what settings get picked up for your environment
variables.

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com