Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Burger <m...@rtin-burger.de> on 2005/09/12 11:15:42 UTC

Naming convention for Maven plugin

Hello,

is there any naming convention for new Maven plugins? If my project is
named "foo", should I name the belonging Maven plugin "maven-foo-plugin"
($pom.id)? Are names starting with "maven-" reserved for official plugins?

Background: I named my plugin "ddchange-maven-debugging" and I wonder if
that was a good idea. Perhaps I should choose "maven-ddchange-plugin" as
it's name?

Regards,
    Martin

Re: Naming convention for Maven plugin

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:15 +0200, Martin Burger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any naming convention for new Maven plugins? If my project is
> named "foo", should I name the belonging Maven plugin "maven-foo-plugin"
> ($pom.id)? Are names starting with "maven-" reserved for official plugins?
>
> Background: I named my plugin "ddchange-maven-debugging" and I wonder if
> that was a good idea. Perhaps I should choose "maven-ddchange-plugin" as
> it's name?

<product>-maven-plugin is the preferred naming convention. We will clean
up and change the names of the plugins in the Mojo project sometime
soon. "Real soon now!"

--
Trygve