Posted to user@struts.apache.org by l1nk <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 22:29:20 UTC

Struts 2

Hi.

I have done a simple application to learn struts2. The user only insert is
name and hit "OK" button. The result is the error.jsp or success.jsp with a
message that was set on the class.

This class have the execute() method and all gets and sets need to capture
the values introduce by the user.

Now i want to create a class POJO and other with the execute().
My problem is that now this dont work because all the values introduce by
the user are lost (null). How can i solve this?

Thx

Re: Struts 2

Posted by l1nk <ca...@gmail.com>.
Please i really need some help here.
I dont understand why this dont work.....

Heres my struts-form.xml and struts.xml:
strust-form.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">

 <struts>

    <package name="batatas2" namespace="/pages" extends="struts-default">

         <action name="PersonAction" class="form.action.Person">
            <result name="error" type="dispatcher">/pages/erro.jsp</result>
            <result name="success"
type="dispatcher">/pages/sucesso.jsp</result>
        </action>

    </package>
 </struts>

struts.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">

<struts>

    <constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation"
value="true"></constant>
    <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true"></constant>

    <include file="struts-helloworld.xml"></include>
	<include file="struts-form.xml"></include>

 </struts>

Re: Struts 2

Posted by l1nk <ca...@gmail.com>.
Sure. Here it's the code:

ERROR [ParametersInterceptor] ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]:
Unexpected Exception catched: Error setting expression 'age' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@73327332'
ERROR [ParametersInterceptor] ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]:
Unexpected Exception catched: Error setting expression 'firstName' with
value '[Ljava.lang.String;@72747274'
ERROR [ParametersInterceptor] ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]:
Unexpected Exception catched: Error setting expression 'lastName' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@72d472d4'

Here they are the 2 class e o ficheiro struts-form.xml:

PersonPOJO. java :
package form.model;

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;

public class PersonPOJO extends ActionSupport {

String firstName;
String lastName;
String age;
String message;
int ageDays;

// GETTERS and SETTERS
public String getAge() {
return age;
}

[...]

<s:textfield id="firstName" label="First Name" name="firstName"/>
<s:textfield id="lastName" label="Last Name" name="lastName"/>
<s:textfield id="age" label="Age" name="age"/>
<s:submit value="OK"/>
</s:form>

Please give me an ideia.
Thx