Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by otisg <ot...@iVillage.com> on 2002/06/11 06:46:26 UTC

mod_jk2/webapp source releases? recommendation?

Hello,

I would like to install the latest Tomcat (4.1.3 beta 2 or some such)
and integrate it with Apache 2.0.

Question #1:
-- I'm not sure if I should go with mod_webapp or mod_jk2.
Any recommendations?
Do both work with Apache 2.0?

I've been looking for mod_webapp and can't find the sources that I could
compile into mod_webapp.so shared object.
I have looked here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/releas
e/v1.2.0/src/
(does not seem to include any *webapp* files, I grepped the archive)
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/bin/l
inux/i386/
(but this is for Tomcat 4.0.* and is precompiled).

Question #2:
- Where can I find mod_webapp source code that I can compile to build
mod_webapp.so?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Otis
P.S.
People at Codesta have done a nice job at:
http://www.codesta.com/knowledge/technical/tomcat_warp_apache/page_01.js
p,
however the above questions are not covered in their instructions.

Sign up for FREE iVillage newsletters <http://s.ivillage.com/rd/16705> .
>From health and pregnancy to shopping and relationships, iVillage
has the scoop on what matters most to you.