Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/04/28 00:45:38 UTC

Re: ODT: adding title element to pages

El jue, 27-04-2006 a las 15:28 -0700, Web Maestro Clay escribió:
> On Apr 25, 2006, at 12:40 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > and then we should create a forrest specific xsl and import the common
> > one. IMO we should leave the common *as it* since one can import/
> > include
> > xsl and override only specific matches (less code to maintain).
>
> Although you say we should leave the COMMON as is, but there are
> holes in the current ODT implementation:
> - no graphics support
> - no support for numbered lists
> - Forrest fixme, warning, note (Forrest-specific, but doesn't Lenya
> want Fixme, Warning & Note too?)
> - <sub> & <sup>
> - <strong>, <em>
>
> Shouldn't those be added to the COMMON, so Lenya can benefit as well?

The problem is that the common odt is actually coming from David
Eisenberg and in no way lenya specific (IMO best for us to use an
svn:external reference to his svn server instead of providing a copy). I
think we should only enhance it (as we finding bugs) but normally use it
as it like I tried to explain in FOR-872 and demonstrated in
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=397657&view=rev.

Regarding the above downsides I agree we should implement *another*
common xsl (for forrest and lenya - common-apache-odt.xsl) and import it
in e.g. odt-to-forrest-xhtml.xsl. If we (lenya and forrest as first
tester) are happy with the results *then* we should patch the common
(from D. Eisenberg) and send the patch to him that he can incorporate
them in his next version.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: ODT: adding title element to pages

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Apr 27, 2006, at 3:45 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> The problem is that the common odt is actually coming from David
> Eisenberg and in no way lenya specific (IMO best for us to use an
> svn:external reference to his svn server instead of providing a
> copy). I
> think we should only enhance it (as we finding bugs) but normally
> use it
> as it like I tried to explain in FOR-872 and demonstrated in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=397657&view=rev.

I understand now. Thank you for clarifying it!

> Regarding the above downsides I agree we should implement *another*
> common xsl (for forrest and lenya - common-apache-odt.xsl) and
> import it
> in e.g. odt-to-forrest-xhtml.xsl. If we (lenya and forrest as first
> tester) are happy with the results *then* we should patch the common
> (from D. Eisenberg) and send the patch to him that he can incorporate
> them in his next version.
>
> salu2
> --
> thorsten
>
> "Together we stand, divided we fall!"
> Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Makes sense to me!

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: ODT: adding title element to pages

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
On Apr 27, 2006, at 3:45 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> The problem is that the common odt is actually coming from David
> Eisenberg and in no way lenya specific (IMO best for us to use an
> svn:external reference to his svn server instead of providing a
> copy). I
> think we should only enhance it (as we finding bugs) but normally
> use it
> as it like I tried to explain in FOR-872 and demonstrated in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=397657&view=rev.

I understand now. Thank you for clarifying it!

> Regarding the above downsides I agree we should implement *another*
> common xsl (for forrest and lenya - common-apache-odt.xsl) and
> import it
> in e.g. odt-to-forrest-xhtml.xsl. If we (lenya and forrest as first
> tester) are happy with the results *then* we should patch the common
> (from D. Eisenberg) and send the patch to him that he can incorporate
> them in his next version.
>
> salu2
> --
> thorsten
>
> "Together we stand, divided we fall!"
> Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Makes sense to me!

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: ODT: adding title element to pages

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay escribi??:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > and then we should create a forrest specific xsl and import the common
> > > one. IMO we should leave the common *as it* since one can import/
> > > include
> > > xsl and override only specific matches (less code to maintain).
> >
> > Although you say we should leave the COMMON as is, but there are
> > holes in the current ODT implementation:
> > - no graphics support
> > - no support for numbered lists
> > - Forrest fixme, warning, note (Forrest-specific, but doesn't Lenya
> > want Fixme, Warning & Note too?)
> > - <sub> & <sup>
> > - <strong>, <em>
> >
> > Shouldn't those be added to the COMMON, so Lenya can benefit as well?
>
> The problem is that the common odt is actually coming from David
> Eisenberg and in no way lenya specific (IMO best for us to use an
> svn:external reference to his svn server instead of providing a copy).

I don't like the idea of relying on some other
organisation's SVN server.

-David