Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Abbate <co...@ectisp.net> on 2002/03/21 01:38:32 UTC

mod_jk issues

Greetings to all. I’ve been working on trying to get Tomcat4 working on
my Mandrake Linux 8.1 box.
I’ve come to the following road block:

First, I’ve installed mod_jk.so and mod_webapp.so and they seem to work
fine. My httpd.conf config looks like this:

[…]
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so

[…]
AddModule mod_jk.c
AddModule mod_webapp.c

[..]
Include conf/mod_jk.conf
[...]

<VirtualHost 209.114.200.59>
DocumentRoot /home/ellenwhite/html
ServerName ellenwhite.cc
ServerAlias www.ellenwhite.cc
[…]
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
[…]
</Virtualhost>

It seems that the webapp module doesn’t allow for Virtual Hosts (running
a webserver for multiple accounts). Is this correct? If it can, please
forward me some examples please!!! I have been searching for days!

This is what I concluded, so I am trying to use mod_jk (as shown above).
I copied the entire example "webapps" directory from "/var/tomcat4" to
do some testing, but when I try to access a jsp file with that
virtualhost,
I get the following response from Apache:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 404 -
/webapps/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp

type Status report
message /webapps/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp
description The requested resource
(/webapps/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp) is not available.

You can see for yourself: http://www.ellenwhite.cc/webapps/examples

With webapp module, it works fine, BUT seems to make their root as
/var/tomcat/webapp" when used like the examples I've seen:

WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Robert