Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Milano Nicolum <dr...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/09 09:02:49 UTC

Qpid JMS client JmsConnection threads daemon property

Hi, I'd like to present an idea of configurable daemon nature of "QpidJMS
Connection Executor" threads created in JmsConnection. Currently we're
using Qpid JMS client 0.11.1 on our company's devices for messaging. The
thing is we prefer to handle device/JVM shutdowns on our own. And nondaemon
threads handled by JmsConnection's ThreadPoolExecutor are sometimes
preventing the JVM from shutting down.

It would be nice to have a property on JmsConnectionFactory to set daemon
value of connection threads to true/false as needed.

Another possibility is making the ExecutorService's shutdownNow() method
available though some forceClose() method on JmsConnection. As we usually
don't want any threads left behind when we're shutting down the OSGi bundle
or even just the JmsConnection instance.

Would it be possible to introduce such option(s) to the Qpid JMS client?
Thanks for any comments on this.

Re: Qpid JMS client JmsConnection threads daemon property

Posted by Milano Nicolum <dr...@gmail.com>.
Great!
I'll try checking Jira first next time :-)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.