Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/07/01 17:13:57 UTC

GUMP update

Hi folks,

I've taken a closer look at the two GUMP projects running
for us. Updating commons-httpclient-2.0-branch with the new
source location is no problem. But the commons-httpclient
project in the jakarta-commons file is a different beast.
Commons subprojects are referenced as relative directories.
It would not look good to hack some .. sequences in there.

So, the clean solution is:
- tweak SVN so all relevant trunks, and only the trunks,
  are checked out into a single tree
- define a new httpcomponents.xml for all our GUMP jobs
- move commons-httpclient from jakarta-commons.xml there
- move commons-httpclient-2.0-branch there and delete
  the separate definition
- (later) add new projects for httpcore and httpclient

I'm not in the mood to try this today.

Thoughts?

cheers,
  Roland

Re: GUMP update

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Roland Weber wrote:
> All right, I've taken a stab at this one...
>

>> - tweak SVN so all relevant trunks, and only the trunks,
>>   are checked out into a single tree
>>

> .../httcomponents/gump-trunk
> oac.hc3x is referenced as svn:external
> 2.0.2 is checked in as a JAR - no point in rebuilding it
>

>> - define a new httpcomponents.xml for all our GUMP jobs
>> - move commons-httpclient from jakarta-commons.xml there
>>
> Done.
>

>> - move commons-httpclient-2.0-branch there and delete
>>   the separate definition
>>
> Not exactly moved, but replaced with a new definition of
> which I hope that it just picks up the JAR from SVN.
>
> I've used my apache.org email address for <nag>. There
> may be a moderation request the first time GUMP mails us.
> Oleg, if you can't give permanent allowance to addresses
> not subscribed, I'll have to change the <nag>s.
>
> Unfortunately, I have to go on the road again for a few
> days. If I screwed up, I can't fix it until I'm back on
> Friday.

Hi Roland

I'll watch the farm. No worries.

Cheers

Oleg

Re: GUMP update

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.

Re: GUMP update

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Hi Oleg,

> Yes, we do need to have a file of our own (httpcomponents.xml) and move
> all legacy stuff in there.
>
> How urgent is this? Can this wait a few weeks?

I'd like to deal with this before Commons starts to move
their stuff around. The GUMP update is a prerequisite to
deleting the old source tree at commons/proper/.

Disentangling the web page could turn into a headache, so
it would be good to have everything else off the table by
then. I'll take a stab at GUMP some time next week.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: GUMP update

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.