Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Rakesh Singh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/10 23:46:55 UTC

Consumer stops consuming after one of the broker stopped

I have installed kafka_2.11-0.11.0.0 and using java to create producer and
consumer

 I have 3 brokers server running on the same unix machine .

I created a topic with 3 partition with a replication factor of 2.

 I started a very simple producer with key/value as auto incrementing
integers.

 I have one consumer running and it consumes data appropriately from all
the partitions.

 Now I kill one of the broker server manually using kill command. At this
point the consumer stops consuming but the producer is able to send
messages.

 When I run the consumer-group command I get the below error:

 *Error: Executing consumer group command failed due to The consumer group
command timed out while waiting for group to initialize:*

 If I start the broker server again then the consumer starts consuming
message from the point the broke was stopped.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Rakesh

--
Thanks & Regards
Rakesh Singh

Re: Consumer stops consuming after one of the broker stopped

Posted by UMESH CHAUDHARY <um...@gmail.com>.
Are you seeing any errors in consumer when your broker gets down? May be
any debug messages would be helpful.  After killing the broker do you
notice any leadership change for those topic's partitions using
[kafka-topics.sh --zookeepr <> --describe] ?