Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Makiet <Bi...@viettel.com.vn> on 2012/09/12 05:51:36 UTC

HOW TO: Hot deploy SCA service withou restart app server

Hi,

I have some interfaces and java classes, and a composite file to expose a part of those interfaces as services.

One day, I want to expose one more service based on an existing interface. I mean no code change needed, only modify the composite file (I guessed).

How can I achieve that without restart my app server?

Best regards

Binh, Nguyen Thanh

RE: HOW TO: Hot deploy SCA service withou restart app server

Posted by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@softwareag.com>.
I have not tried that. I think it can get really complicated and would not implement
that manually myself. The naive idea of making the requests wait in Tomcat can quickly
pile up a huge number of threads, at least in the traditional blocking one-thread-per-request
model.

Rather, I’d use a traditional fail-over architecture with redundant servers, and rely on that to
switch to the fail-over server while I restart the node on the primary server. But if you have
that, you might as well restart the application server as a whole.

n  Sebastian

 <http://www.ids-scheer-consulting.com> http://www.ids-scheer-consulting.com

RE: HOW TO: Hot deploy SCA service withou restart app server

Posted by Makiet <Bi...@viettel.com.vn>.
Can you share a little bit about your OSGI service implementation? Some
samples or tests

Best regards

Binh, Nguyen Thanh

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.