Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Kiru Pakkirisamy <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/12 23:55:50 UTC

select w/ limit hanging on large tables

We are trying to benchmark/test Phoenix with large tables.A 'select * from table1 limit 100000' hangs on a 1.4 billion row table (in sqlline.py or SQuirreL)The same select of 1million rows works on smaller table (300 million).Mainly we wanted to create a smaller version of the 1.4 billion table and ran into this issue.Any ideas why this is happening ?We had quite a few problems crossing the 1 billion mark even when loading (using CsvBulkLoadTool) the table.We are also wondering whether our HBase is configured correctly.
Any tips on HBase Configuration for loading/running Phoenix is highly appreciated as well.(We are on HBase 0.98.12 and Phoenix 4.3.1) Regards,
- kiru
 Regards,
- kiru

Re: select w/ limit hanging on large tables

Posted by Kiru Pakkirisamy <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Gabriel,I think the load did not run through fully. So yesterday, we tried to load the table again. But we ran out of disk space (we had 30TB free).Are there any blogs or slideshare that explains how this csvbulkloadtool works ?We need to get this to run through to success before we can access/query I guess. Regards,
- kiru
Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiru,