Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christian Foerg <ch...@alfavision.de> on 2006/11/06 12:24:42 UTC

Softlinks an file rights

Hi Guys,

I've got a little svn problem.
Situatuion:
We got a lot of librarys. Each in a seperate folder, containing .c, .h,
.lib and .o file. In other words: source and precompiled.

Every time someone starts a new project he has to check out every single
file from the librarys needed.
So I thought of somthing like softlinks for bulding up default projects
with freequently needed files. It should be something like a Tag but with
one difference. All contaning files should be allways of the same revision
like in the library folder. Not a snapshot or independent copy like Tags
or Branches.
Because we don't like to do sensless merging to all file in front of each
checkout. I RTFM but found no solution.
Is there any way of doing somting like this.

2nd. The other problem is related to the softlinks. We don't like our
trainees to check out the sourcecode. The should onley get the headers and
precompiled. But now i have to set the rights for each single file.
Is there a way to set file rights for file endgins like
"guest r *.h,*.lib,*.o
  guest   *.c"
???

Another way is to build Softlink-Tags for our trainees with just the
headers and precompileds and refuse access to our normal library folders.
But than it's the same issue like above.

I hope someone is able to give me a hint.

Thanks

Christian