Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/01/10 15:56:10 UTC

Re: [VFS]

On 2013-01-10, Gary Gregory wrote:

> The new HDFS provider only works on Linux and it works for me on Ubuntu
> (via VirtualBox on Win7). How can Gump be fixed?

vmgump is Ubuntu 10.04 which may be too old, we also have FreeBSD and
MacOS nodes.

One option may be to Check for the proper environment inside the test
and skip the "bad" envs via Assume.

Stefan

Re: [VFS]

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2013-01-10, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
> > The new HDFS provider only works on Linux and it works for me on Ubuntu
> > (via VirtualBox on Win7). How can Gump be fixed?
>
> vmgump is Ubuntu 10.04 which may be too old, we also have FreeBSD and
> MacOS nodes.

Hm, I am using Ubuntu 12.10.

Gary

> One option may be to Check for the proper environment inside the test
> and skip the "bad" envs via Assume.
>
> Stefan

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VFS]

Posted by dl...@comcast.net.

It appears that its having a problem copying the files test files to the build directory:

junit.framework.TestSuite@2a018b03(org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.hdfs.test.HdfsFileProviderTestCase$HdfsProviderTestSuite)  Time elapsed: 3871 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/core/target/test-classes/test-data/write-tests/file1.txt (Permission denied)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem$TrackingFileInputStream.<init>(RawLocalFileSystem.java:71)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem$LocalFSFileInputStream.<init>(RawLocalFileSystem.java:107)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.open(RawLocalFileSystem.java:177)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem$ChecksumFSInputChecker.<init>(ChecksumFileSystem.java:126)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem.open(ChecksumFileSystem.java:283)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.open(FileSystem.java:427)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:228)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1195)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1171)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1143)
at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.hdfs.test.HdfsFileProviderTestCase$HdfsProviderTestSuite.copyTestResources(HdfsFileProviderTestCase.java:71)
at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.hdfs.test.HdfsFileProviderTestCase$HdfsProviderTestSuite.copyTestResources(HdfsFileProviderTestCase.java:78)
at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.hdfs.test.HdfsFileProviderTestCase$HdfsProviderTestSuite.setUp(HdfsFileProviderTestCase.java:141)