Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tony_k <to...@sbcglobal.net> on 2009/06/27 04:42:41 UTC

m2eclipse+galileo: index issue?

fresh install of galileo + m2eclipse, getting:
--------
6/26/09 10:32:54 PM EDT: Error on adding indexing context
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/; read past EOF
6/26/09 10:32:56 PM EDT: Maven Builder: FULL_BUILD
6/26/09 10:32:59 PM EDT: Updating index http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
6/26/09 10:32:59 PM EDT: No index update available for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
---------
in the (maven) console, and then when i go to the add dependency panel of
the pom editor dependencies panel and i punch in something like "commons", i
get (0) hits...

this is on my "corporate" laptop, strange thing is on my "personal" laptop i
don't have this issue.

any suggestions on how to troubleshoot...?

any guidance appreciated!

Re: m2eclipse+galileo: index issue? (solved)

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
It should normally take only a few minutes to retrieve the initial
index from s3 and process it. Subsequent requests will pick up the
weekly incremental which is ~150k and is barely noticeable. There are
some known problems where the indexes get left in an odd state if it's
aborted.

Posted by Jan de Ruiter <ja...@ordina.nl>.

tony_k wrote:

> so on a lark, i reinstalled galileo and then m2eclipse and this time let
> the "updating indexes" phase run to completion (it actually did take about
> a half hour) and then things seemed ok.

re-installing may not be necessary. I tried this:
Do in eclipse: window->show view->other->maven->maven indexes. One of the
indexes is:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2.
right-click on this one, and try rebuild index.
If that does not work, create a new index with the same address, and do a
rebuild of that. With me that worked, and I could remove the original one.
After this a restart of eclipse will NOT show the error anymore, and the add
dependency search function operates as it should. Problem solved.

Re: m2eclipse+galileo: index issue? (solved)

Posted by tony_k <to...@sbcglobal.net>.
forgot to mention, the other potentially relevant detail is that this also
seems to work fine from ganymede on my corporate laptop...
--------
6/26/09 10:46:23 PM EDT: Updating index http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
6/26/09 10:46:27 PM EDT: Downloading central :
nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/26/09 10:46:27 PM EDT: Downloaded [central] ->
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.index/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
6/26/09 10:46:27 PM EDT: Updated index for http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
Sat Jun 20 04:27:25 EDT 2009
--------