Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Steve Ferris <St...@sun.com> on 2000/10/11 16:50:14 UTC

Special Characters in the build.xml file

Hi,

I am trying to include the '"' in the build.xml in an exec command. The
parser gets deeply upset. Any ideas about how I can escape this
character.

<exec dir="${shared.bin}" output="../ldapmodify.txt"
    	command="${shared.bin}/ldapmodify -D\"${dirmanager}\" -w
${ldap.passwd} -a -f ${ldap.file}"/>

\" didn't work.

Please reply to me as I am not on the list.

thanks
Steve

--
  Steve Ferris : Master Instructor : Sun Microsystems
 T : 01276 416153 F : 01276 681546 E : Steve.Ferris@sun.com

Re: Special Characters in the build.xml file

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 SF> Hi, I am trying to include the '"' in the build.xml in an exec
 SF> command. The parser gets deeply upset. Any ideas about how I can
 SF> escape this character.

Does &quot; work? After all, it is XML.

Stefan