Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "THALES SERVICES SAS - DECOLASSE, Arnaud" <AD...@bouyguestelecom.fr> on 2011/10/26 13:50:42 UTC

Getting constant performances on pdf generation

Hello,

We are having issues regarding fop (v0.95) performances on multiples calls. We are creating pdf containing a few images and our own fonts.

The first call is by far longer than the others and it's a problem for us. Here are some call examples (times are in ms) :

Call #1  - Elapsed time = 13929
Call #2  - Elapsed time = 2817
Call #3  - Elapsed time = 3312
Call #4  - Elapsed time = 1629
Call #5  - Elapsed time = 1436
Call #6  - Elapsed time = 1356
Call #7  - Elapsed time = 911
Call #8  - Elapsed time = 1244
Call #9  - Elapsed time = 780
Call #10 - Elapsed time = 895

We tried several thing to fix this :
- Setting stric-configuration to true
- Setting strict-validation to false
- Using the cache file (cache-file tag)

Nothing significantly improve performances on first call. Our only solution for the moment is to generate a fake pdf in the constructor so the first call will be artificially done at jvm start.

Do you have any suggestion to smooth the performances, and maybe some explanations about this behavior ?

Thanks in advance.
Arnaud

L'int?grit? de ce message n'?tant pas assur?e sur internet, la soci?t? exp?ditrice ne peut ?tre tenue responsable de son contenu ni de ses pi?ces jointes. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le d?truire et d'avertir l'exp?diteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet. The company that sent this message cannot therefore be held liable for its content nor attachments. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and notify the sender.