Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jhon <de...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/14 20:14:54 UTC

Migration from Epicentric Portal to Jetspeed Portal

Hello all,

We are planning to move our portal from Epicentric framework to Jetspeed framework (1.4).

Right now, Epicentric stores the user profile in different tables by keeping reference of page Id and module ids (portlet-ids) that are associated with given user.

In contrast to that, Jetspeed stores user-profile in psml file object as long-raw type. So during migration we have to do translation of page-id, module ids to psml format way so that we can transfer current existing users information to Jetspeed framework.

Does anybody has done such exercise before ? I will very happy to receive all your inputs on this.

Also another thing is, I have to create portlet-ids for corresponding module-ids present in epi-centric framework. Is it necessary that those portlet-ids that I will store in user psmls should be unique across all users or it's ok as long as they are unique for with in set of portlets for single user ?

thanks,
dm