Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karl Uppiano <Ka...@Attachmate.com> on 2006/09/20 02:00:29 UTC

How do I suppress archiver Manifest.mf entries?

WebLogic 9.2 does not like the manifest entries…

Extension-Name:

Specification-Vendor:

Implementation-Vendor:

Implementation-Title:

Implementation-Version:

…in the manifest unless I implement the WebLogic SSPI interfaces, which is not on our schedule. I would like to suppress these manifest entries in Maven. How do I do that?

Karl Uppiano | Software Developer

  <http://www.attachmatewrq.com>

455 Stuart Road | Bellingham, WA 98226 USA
360.715.1170x238 phone | 360.927.0285 mobile
karl.uppiano@attachmate.com | 360.715.1270 fax
www.attachmate.com <http://www.attachmate.com>

No timeout short enough to perform well is long enough to be reliable.

Re: How do I suppress archiver Manifest.mf entries?

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@mxtelecom.com>.
Karl Uppiano wrote:
> WebLogic 9.2 does not like the manifest entries…
>

> Extension-Name:
>
> Specification-Vendor:
>
> Implementation-Vendor:
>
> Implementation-Title:
>
> Implementation-Version:
>

> …in the manifest unless I implement the WebLogic SSPI interfaces, which
> is not on our schedule. I would like to suppress these manifest entries
> in Maven. How do I do that?

Update your maven-jar-plugin version to 2.1 or later, which no longer
injects these by default.

Max.

Re: How do I suppress archiver Manifest.mf entries?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
"Suppress" them by providing your own MANIFEST.MF file rather than allowing
Maven to create one for you. It should work, unless Maven utilizes your file
as a base and then adds its own entries, unsure off the top of my head if it
does this or not, would be easy to test.

Wayne