Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Conte <th...@calvacom.fr> on 1996/06/24 15:36:25 UTC

Apache on UnixWare? :-(

I'm trying to make Apache work on a UnixWare system, and of course, I'm
failing miserably. I know you are aware of the problem, but is anyone
making progress? :-)

In my case, the httpd works correctly, until I send a SIGHUP to the main
httpd process to restart it. It then sends the killpg(), succeeds in
retrieving the first child exit status, and blocks on the second. The four
remaining children are then struck. I can kill the main httpd, but the
children still bind the port, and then it's init 6 time.

If someone's interested in digging into this, I can create a temporary
account on a UnixWare 2 machine to try to debug the thing; be warned: this
is an old slow 486 with no particular development tools (no GCC/GDB and so
on) (well in fact there's not even Emacs :-( ).

(_  _)(  _  )(  \/  )            Systems & Network Engineer @ CalvaNet, France
 (__) (_____)(_/\/\_)                    PGP Key: finger thomas@ns.calvacom.fr