Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by di...@osde.com.ar on 2006/05/31 21:41:36 UTC

Excel Appender

***********************
Warning: Your file, excelLogger.rar, contains more than 50 files after decompression and cannot be scanned.
***********-***********

Hi, i am submiting this appender for your consideration of including it in
the main distribution. It's made with the JExcel API
(http://jexcel.sf.net)

Feedback is appreciated. Hope that helps!

Thanks.

Lic. Diego A. Naya Lazo
Arquitectura de IT
Gcia. de Sistemas
OSDE
Argentina
4310 5000 ext. 7023

Re: Excel Appender

Posted by di...@osde.com.ar.
No, it's not the same api. I have a new link:
http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/

This JExcel is GNU i think.

Best regards,

Lic. Diego A. Naya Lazo
Arquitectura de IT
Gcia. de Sistemas
4310 5000 ext. 7023

"Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Enviado por: yoavshapira@gmail.com
31/05/2006 04:58 p.m.
Por favor, responda a
"Log4J Developers List" <lo...@logging.apache.org>

Para
"Log4J Developers List" <lo...@logging.apache.org>
cc

Asunto
Re: Excel Appender

Diego,
Thanks for contributing!  In the future, when you have large attachments,
it's better to put them in our issue tracker (
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla).

The JExcel link on SourceForge doesn't work for me: it returns a 404 (file
not found) error in the browser.  There's a JExcel site at
http://www.jniwrapper.com/pages/jexcel/overview: is that the same API?  If
so, what is its license?  I personally am reluctant to rely on commercial
stuff on log4j in the first place, and if the JExcel license is not
BSD-style that's a deal breaker in general.

Thank you,

Yoav

***********************

)

Feedback is appreciated. Hope that helps!

Thanks.

Lic. Diego A. Naya Lazo
Arquitectura de IT
Gcia. de Sistemas
OSDE
Argentina
4310 5000 ext. 7023

Yoav Shapira
Nimalex LLC
1 Mifflin Place, Suite 310
Cambridge, MA, USA

Re: Excel Appender

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Diego,

On 5/31/06, diego.nayalazo@osde.com.ar <di...@osde.com.ar> wrote:

> ***********************
> Warning: Your file, excelLogger.rar, contains more than 50 files after
> decompression and cannot be scanned.
> ***********-***********
>

> Hi, i am submiting this appender for your consideration of including it in
> the main distribution. It's made with the JExcel API (http://jexcel.sf.net
> )
>
> Feedback is appreciated. Hope that helps!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lic. Diego A. Naya Lazo
> Arquitectura de IT
> Gcia. de Sistemas