Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Strauch <wa...@web.de> on 2006/07/28 23:18:51 UTC

Databaseaccess speed

Hello world !!!

I have a greater problem with delays between write and read-access using tomcat.

The scenario:

tomcat 5.0.28
mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.10a, for suse-linux (x86_64)

1. a servlet inserts data given by user via browser into the database
2. a second servlet uses these data to create html and sends it to user

The problem is: this only works if there are 30 minutes time between 1. and 2.
If i connect to mysql via console, it takes the same 30 mins to access and view the data in the DB given in step 1.

- all connections of the servlets are closed after the job
- all variables are freed
- everything else is freed, closed or destroyed

Maybe tomcat or mysql waits for something.
Timeout of something ? but what?
The only timeout explicitely given in the configs is for 600 secs for sessioninactivity.

Please help me

Thanks wayne

Re: Databaseaccess speed

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jan,

> The problem is: this only works if there are 30 minutes time between 1. and 2.

The only thing that I can think of is that you have autocommit set to
FALSE and are never committing the transaction. However...

> - all connections of the servlets are closed after the job
> - all variables are freed
> - everything else is freed, closed or destroyed

When a statement is closed, the transaction ought to either commit or
rollback, but it should happen right away.

??!

-chris