Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com> on 2002/10/01 05:04:02 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.12: SSL warnings in catalina.out

I've set up a standalone 4.1.12 Tomcat instance using SSL connection.
When I looked into the catalina.out in the log directory, I realized
that there are some warning lines in there that are pretty annoying. The
lines are like:

[WARN] Http11Processor - -Exception getting SSL attributes
<javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated>

I assume it's trying to do client authentication and failed (??).
However, I have set the clientAuth="false" in the the server.xml file.
Why do I sill get a warning?  It happens each time the browser hits the
page too, so I think this is going to be a problem (where the
catalina.out will get big with all the lines of messages).  Is there a
way to get rid of them?

--
William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email:  wlee@sendmail.com | http://www.sendmail.com

Re: Tomcat 4.1.12: SSL warnings in catalina.out

Posted by Francisco Queiros Pinto <fr...@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>.
William Lee wrote:
> I've set up a standalone 4.1.12 Tomcat instance using SSL connection.
> When I looked into the catalina.out in the log directory, I realized
> that there are some warning lines in there that are pretty annoying. The
> lines are like:
>
> [WARN] Http11Processor - -Exception getting SSL attributes
> <javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated>
>

> I assume it's trying to do client authentication and failed (??).
> However, I have set the clientAuth="false" in the the server.xml file.
> Why do I sill get a warning?  It happens each time the browser hits the
> page too, so I think this is going to be a problem (where the
> catalina.out will get big with all the lines of messages).  Is there a
> way to get rid of them?

Hi William,

Please have a look at the message Remy sent on Saturday.

----
From: Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>
To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to Tomcat 4.1.12 - WARNING: Exception getting SSL