Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Matthew Berk <ma...@openlist.com> on 2005/05/11 22:03:26 UTC

Apache2::Status, B::TerseSize

Trying to track down a bit o' memory bloat using the Symbol Table
dump in /perl-status and B::TerseSize. Running into some problems....

Error: [Wed May 11 15:38:54 2005] [error] [client ::1] Use of
uninitialized value in length at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
multi-2level/Apache2/Status.pm line 562.\n, referer: http://localhost/
perl-status/?symdump

(The page actually starts with "Memory Usage for package main\n
\nTotals: 67848 bytes | 0 OPs", but then there's a server error.)

Perl Version: 5.8.6
Apache: 2.0.54
OS: SuSe
MP: 2.0.0-RC6

Setup in httpd.conf is:
PerlModule Apache2::compat
<Location /perl-status>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler Apache2::Status
</Location>
PerlSetVar StatusOptionsAll On
PerlSetVar StatusTerse On
PerlSetVar StatusTerseSize On
PerlSetVar StatusTerseSizeMainSummary On
PerlModule B::TerseSize

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matthew

Re: Apache2::Status, B::TerseSize

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Matthew Berk wrote:
> Trying to track down a bit o' memory bloat using the Symbol Table  dump
> in /perl-status and B::TerseSize. Running into some problems....
>
> Error: [Wed May 11 15:38:54 2005] [error] [client ::1] Use of
> uninitialized value in length at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
> multi-2level/Apache2/Status.pm line 562.\n, referer: http://localhost/
> perl-status/?symdump
>
> (The page actually starts with "Memory Usage for package main\n
> \nTotals: 67848 bytes | 0 OPs", but then there's a server error.)

Yup, we know about this issue, Matthew. I suspect it's an issue with
B::TerseSize. I didn't have a chance to look at it yet. If you have the
time, please investigate why does it fail. I'd start by checking whether
this Apache::Status feature works under mp1 with the same perl version.