Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com> on 2020/02/25 06:31:08 UTC

Re: Solr cloud production set up

Hi Rajdeep,

   1. I assume you had enabled docValues for the facet fields, right?
   2. What does your GC logs tell? Do you get freezes and CPU spikes during
   intervals?
   3. Caching will help in querying. I'll need to see a sample query of
   yours to recommend what you can tweak.

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 19:09, Jason Gerlowski <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rajdeep,
>
> Unfortunately it's near impossible for anyone here to tell you what
> parameters to tweak.  People might take guesses based on their
> individual past experience, but ultimately those are just guesses.
>
> There are just too many variables affecting Solr performance for
> anyone to have a good guess without access to the cluster itself and
> the time and will to dig into it.
>
> Are there GC params that need tweaking?  Very possible, but you'll
> have to look into your gc logs to see how much time is being spent in
> gc.  Are there query params you could be changing?  Very possible, but
> you'll have to identify the types of queries you're submitting and see
> whether the ref-guide offers any information on how to tweak
> performance for those particular qparsers, facets, etc.  Is the number
> of facets the reason for slow queries?  Very possible, but you'll have
> to turn faceting off or run debug=timing and see how what that tells
> you about the QTime's.
>
> Tuning Solr performance is a tough, time consuming process.  I wish
> there was an easier answer for you, but there's not.
>
> Best,
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 12:06 PM Rajdeep Sahoo
> <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Please suggest anyone
> >
> > On Sun, 19 Jan, 2020, 9:43 AM Rajdeep Sahoo, <rajdeepsahoo2012@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Apart from reducing no of facets in the query, is there any other query
> > > params or gc params or heap space or anything else that we need to
> tweak
> > > for improving search response time.

> component

> rajdeepsahoo2012@gmail.com>

> params

> than

> getting
> values.

> apache@elyograg.org>

> query.
> query.

> slower.

> running
> space.

> fair
> Solr
> the
> than

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, *Auto-Suggest*,
IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd,

11th Floor, Tower 2, Assotech Business Cresterra,
Plot No. 22, Sector 135, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India 201305

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 0120-4056700 | Extn:
*11096*

--