Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk> on 2006/01/14 16:30:03 UTC

How do you get date validation to work?

I am running tap4.0 and I am struggling with date validation.  The
documentation is a bit sparse and both things I tried didn't work.

Careful reading of the docs implies you should be able to do this

<input jwcid="xadate@DatePicker"
	size="11" tabindex="4"
	value="ognl:t.date"
	validators="validator:date,minimum=1/1/1999,maximum=1/1/2030"
	translator="translator:date,pattern=dd-MMM-yy"
	displayName="message:date"/>

but I get a ClassCastException when I do

I also tried this

 validators="validators:minDate=1/1/1999,maxDate=1/1/2030"

as a replacement validators line, but whilst that allowed the page to work it
accepted any rubbish in the date field and just defaulted it to today.  I
want it to generate an error for my form validation delegate.
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Re: How do you get date validation to work?

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
Looking at the Tap4 examples... you can always define a bean to specify
arbitrary validators:

Dates.page:

  <bean name="required"
class="org.apache.tapestry.form.validator.Required"></bean>
  <bean name="maxDate" class="org.apache.tapestry.form.validator.MaxDate">
    <set name="maxDate" value="new java.util.Date()"></set>
  </bean>
  <bean name="minDate" class="org.apache.tapestry.form.validator.MinDate">
    <set name="minDate" value="new java.util.Date()"></set>
  </bean>

Dates.html:
   <input jwcid="startDate@DatePicker" includeWeek="ognl:includeWeek"
value="ognl:startDate" displayName="Start Date"
validators="ognl:{beans.required,beans.maxDate}"/>

Posted by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>.
On Saturday 14 January 2006 15:30, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I am running tap4.0 and I am struggling with date validation.  The
> documentation is a bit sparse and both things I tried didn't work.
>
> Careful reading of the docs implies you should be able to do this
...>
> I also tried this
>
>  validators="validators:minDate=1/1/1999,maxDate=1/1/2030"

It was a coding bug that didn't check the value of my validation delegate
properly.  So I fixed it and it works now.