Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Burkard <ne...@burknet.ch> on 2004/09/09 17:32:55 UTC

some search-questions

hi sliders

some search-questions:

1. how can i do a search for substrings?
i saw in the webdav-specs at
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html
that there are two operators "like" and "contains" whose sound like this...
can anybode give me an example how to use these?

2. how can i specify more than one field to select?
the specs (see above) say: <!ELEMENT select (allprop | prop) >
that looks like one-or-all. is this really true?

thanks and greetings
stefan

Re: some search-questions

Posted by Carlos Villegas <ca...@uniscope.jp>.

Stefan Burkard wrote:

> hi sliders
>
> some search-questions:
>
> 1. how can i do a search for substrings?
> i saw in the webdav-specs at
> http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html
> that there are two operators "like" and "contains" whose sound like this...
> can anybode give me an example how to use these?

 From the spec:

<D:where>
   <D:like caseless="yes">
     <D:prop><D:getcontenttype/></D:prop>
     <D:literal>image/%</D:literal>
   </D:like>
</D:where>

However, last time I checked the "like" comparison wasn't supported by
Slide. Also, it seemed to be based on an older draft of the DASL spec,
some attributes have different names, and only string comparisons are
supported, even getcontentlength is treated as an string in comparisons.

"contains" searches the contents of the resource. Again, last time I
checked, Slide implementation loaded the whole file in memory to scan
it, so I bet it's very slow.

Carlos

Re: some search-questions

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Stefan Burkard wrote:
> 2. how can i specify more than one field to select?
> the specs (see above) say: <!ELEMENT select (allprop | prop) >
> that looks like one-or-all. is this really true?

No,

DAV:prop can have multiple child elements:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2518.html#ELEMENT_prop>.

Best regards, Julian