Posted to user@struts.apache.org by andy wix <st...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/25 14:45:27 UTC

RE: Tiles and well formed html

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to continue a thread, but here
goes...
I have tried what Ruben suggested and I can get this to work ok.  In his
example the 2 <P> tags are formatted dependant on which CSS style is
selected.
I cannot get mine to work where the bit inside the <DIV> tag is a Tile.
So my layout.jsp looks like:

<%@ taglib uri="struts/html-el" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
  <link href="<html:rewrite page="/test.css" />" rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css">
</HEAD>
    <DIV id="headerTile">
    </DIV>

etc...

and my test.css file looks like:

#headerTile  {
       font-family: sans-serif;
       color: white;
       background-color:blue;
       font-size: 10pt;
}
#bodyTile  { font-family: sans-serif;
       color: red;
       background-color:blue;
       font-size: 15pt;
}
etc...

and my header.jsp is just a basic html file with no style sheets listed or
div tags.

Thanks,
Andy