Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Fedor Belov <fb...@gramant.ru> on 2013/01/27 17:42:59 UTC

Shiro exception hierarchy

Hello. I'm using Grails Shiro plugin. Looks like it uses
AtLeastOneSuccessfulStrategy to process login request. When my realm
generates LockedAccountException controller receives only
AuthenticationException with description "Authentication token of type
[class org.apache.shiro.authc.UsernamePasswordToken] could not be
authenticated by any configured realms.  Please ensure that at least one
realm can authenticate these tokens."

Realm is registered for the token of type UsernamePasswordToken.

How can I fix it? How can I access my original exception?

Re: Shiro exception hierarchy

Posted by kpenrose <ke...@gmail.com>.
Did you find a fix for this?  I have a similar situation wherein I'm using
Vaadin, and I throw and ExcessiveAttemptsException, but my application only
catches the AuthenticationException.  Needless to say, it doesn't help that
I can't catch different types of exceptions in the shiro exception
hierarchy..