Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 13:39:33 UTC

Synapse and Servicemix

Hi,

Can Synapse and Servicemix work together. In other words, can the
functionality from servicemix be obtained from within synapse.
Something like Servicemix be deployed within Synapse ( the .war version of
servicemix deployed as a webservice in Synapse ) ?

Thanks.

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha,

On 8/8/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Eric
>
> Our file transport support all of the Apache Commons VFS format
> including File and FTP, SFTP etc, etc.. We also have support for email
> already through Axis2

Thats great!

Could you point me to the package / API docs , if any,  to achieve them.
Thank  you,
Eric.

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Eric

Our file transport support all of the Apache Commons VFS format
including File and FTP, SFTP etc, etc.. We also have support for email
already through Axis2
> *File
> *FTP
> *Email

asankha

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Hi

We have support for SOAP/Email (POP3+SMTP), we can easily extend it to
include binary and pure XML.

The File support that Asankha added also supports FTP, and already
supports multiple formats.

Paul

On 8/8/07, Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Asankha,
>
> On 8/8/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Eric
> > > Servicemix supports Files, FTP(I think) as well by way of "Bridging
> > > transports".
> > File support has been checked into Synapse a few weeks ago..
>

> Thats good news for sure.
>
> its still
> > in stealth mode as we need to complete full testing, but initial
> > feedback from a real user like you would be great!
> > >  My requirement is to have Synapse function as an ESB with all
> > > the mediation capabilities that it provides and also all the "Bridging
> > > transports" facilities that an ESB like Servicemix provides.
> > >
> > If there are any other transports that you would like Synapse to
> > support, could you list them
>

> *File
> *FTP
> *Email
>
> It would be nice to see supports for the above in Synapse.
>
> Thanks again,
> Eric.
>
> asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha,

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha,

On 8/8/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric
> > Servicemix supports Files, FTP(I think) as well by way of "Bridging
> > transports".
> File support has been checked into Synapse a few weeks ago.. its still
> in stealth mode as we need to complete full testing, but initial
> feedback from a real user like you would be great!

I've downloaded the latest source code from

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/synapse/trunk/java Apache-Synapse

 As in the case of forwarding a message (POX or SOAP) to JMS, there is a
configuration file which can be written to configure Synapse. Is something
similar possible to ,say , write to a File with the Apache Commons VFS API.

I would like to test out the support for VFS that you have put in.I would
appreciate if you could give me pointers to go about doing this.

Thank you.
Eric.

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Eric

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Synapse provides transport switching from POX/HTTP to SOAP/HTTP through its
mediators.
Servicemix supports Files, FTP(I think) as well by way of "Bridging
transports". My requirement is to have Synapse function as an ESB with all
the mediation capabilities that it provides and also all the "Bridging
transports" facilities that an ESB like Servicemix provides.
That is the reason why I thought of asking if Servicemix can be used from
Synapse.

However, to achieve these functionalities , is it possible to modify Synapse
? If yes, I would be thankful if someone could provide me pointers.

Thanks in advance.
Eric.

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Eric

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/07, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eric
>
> The ServiceMix team never contacted us or worked with us to write that
> text so I cannot comment on how correct it is.
>
> Could you explain the benefits you see of adding JBI support to Synapse?

I was hoping plugging in a Rules engine would become possible.

Regards

Re: Synapse and Servicemix

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Eric

The ServiceMix team never contacted us or worked with us to write that
text so I cannot comment on how correct it is.

Could you explain the benefits you see of adding JBI support to Synapse?

Paul

On 8/8/07, Eric Nygma <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> >
> > Eric
> > > Can Synapse and Servicemix work together.
> > Yes
> > >  In other words, can the functionality from servicemix be obtained from
> > within synapse.
> > >
> > Some of the functionality can be, but not all (e.g. JBI)
>

> Sorry for asking again. But I  chanced upon this article at :
> http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/how-does-servicemix-compare-to-synapse.html
>
> The last section seemed to be saying that there might be a Synapse ,
> Servicemix integration happening in the future.
> Are we going to see this integration anytime soon ? Next release or
> something. It would really be nice to see JBI in Synapse.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric.
>
> > Something like Servicemix be deployed within Synapse ( the .war version of
> > > servicemix deployed as a webservice in Synapse ) ?
> > >
> > No.. this is not possible and I do not think it would make sense to do
> > this
> >
> > asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair