Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/21 18:11:26 UTC

Reason for using XML Beans instead of jUDDI data types

I would like to know from Deepak as to what is the
motivation to replace juddi data types that are used
in Apache Scout, with Apache xml beans?

I am ok with providing an xml beans framework support
in Scout, so that customers can choose the juddi data
types or the xml beans framework, if they choose.

The same goes to the ebxml framework that is being
brought into Scout, to provide JAXR level 1
compliance.

I have always preached a plug-n-play architecture for
scout. So all the new developments are in line.

I just want to ensure that it is done right. :)

Re: Reason for using XML Beans instead of jUDDI data types

Posted by Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

Can someone explain to me what is the use of keeping one implementation
using the juddi types in the client (Scout) instead of Xmlbeans?

Aren't these types used only internally in the JAXR provider so it
doesn't matter for the registry itself not to anyone using JAXR API?

There is a bit of info that I don't have I guess.

Regards to all,
Fernando

Re: Reason for using XML Beans instead of jUDDI data types

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Oct 21, 2005, at 12:11 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:

> I would like to know from Deepak as to what is the
> motivation to replace juddi data types that are used
> in Apache Scout, with Apache xml beans?
>
> I am ok with providing an xml beans framework support
> in Scout, so that customers can choose the juddi data
> types or the xml beans framework, if they choose.
>
> The same goes to the ebxml framework that is being
> brought into Scout, to provide JAXR level 1
> compliance.
>
> I have always preached a plug-n-play architecture for
> scout. So all the new developments are in line.
>
> I just want to ensure that it is done right. :)

+1

I don't want to break anything here.  It has to be that any such
change is backwards compatibie.  I'll go catch up on jUDDI list,
where the scout technical decisions seem to be made ;)

geir

geirm@apache.org