Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/26 00:11:09 UTC

Request to be added to Incubator PMC

Hi All,

I would like to be added to the Incubator PMC to help mentor a new project.
I am an Apache Member. I am not sure the exact process to be added, so I am
emailing this list as a first step!

Cheers,
- Patrick

Re: Request to be added to Incubator PMC

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
Thanks for the explanation.
I'd like to candidate as well.
I'm the Apache Parquet PMC chair and I'm on the Apache Pig PMC.
I've been through the incubator with Parquet recently and would like to
contribute.
Julien

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I would like to be added to the Incubator PMC to help mentor a new
> project.
> > I am an Apache Member. I am not sure the exact process to be added, so I
> am
> > emailing this list as a first step!
>
> Hello Patrick, and also Reynold and Jaques as they have made similar
> requests on other threads...
>
> It's great to have you and we all look forward to your participating
> in incubation projects in a new capacity!
>
> It's the standard procedure for adding a PMC member from here on out:
> the Incubator's PMC Chair sends a NOTICE to the Board, we wait for 72
> hours to ensure that no Board member objects to the addition, then the
> Chair finishes the clerical work. From the standpoint of the
> corporation, you officially become PMC members (with valid voting
> privileges, etc.) when committee-info.txt is updated.
>
>   http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newpmc
>
> The only difference in the process for the Incubator is that while
> non-ASF-Member candidates for the IPMC must be voted on as with all
> other PMCs, ASF Members may sidestep the vote. Member requests usually
> go to the private list because that's where personnel changes are
> traditionally discussed at Apache and there is a (very) remote
> possibility that the Board might reject a candidate. But of course
> it's fine to receive your requests on general@incubator.
>
> Finally, lest this explanation sow confusion with regards to adding
> new *PPMC* members, the process is slightly different -- the IPMC gets
> notified instead of the Board.
>   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+PPMC+member
>
> Good luck and let us know if you have questions!
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Julien

Re: Request to be added to Incubator PMC

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.