Posted to announce@apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@apache.org> on 2018/09/04 19:06:45 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache JSPWiki 2.10.5 released

The Apache JSPWiki team is pleased to announce the release of JSPWiki
2.10.5.

This is the fifth release on the 2.10 series of Apache JSPWiki, a
feature-rich and
extensible WikiWiki engine built around the standard JEE components.

The release is available here:
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Downloads

JSPWiki Maven artifacts are available under org.apache.jspwiki groupId,
version 2.10.5

The full change log is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI/fixforversion/12343310

A curated change log is also available here:
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=NewIn2.10

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved visit the project website at
http://jspwiki.apache.org/

The Apache JSPWiki Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JSPWiki 2.10.5 released

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

if you are running on the 2.10, upgrading should be pretty straightforward,
just replacing your jspwiki war with the 2.10.5 one (or simply copy the new
portable binary over the old one). If you've added custom filters, plugins,
etc, you should also carry over the modifications that you've made, and
that should be all.

Between 2.9 and 2.10 there were some API backwards incompatible changes,
detailed at
https://github.com/apache/jspwiki/blob/master/jspwiki-war/src/main/config/doc/2.10-API.txt
but IIRC, this will only affect you if you have custom extensions (plugins,
filters, etc). Other than that you could replace one war with another and
that should be it.

HTH,
juan pablo

Posted by Alex Machina <al...@gmail.com>.