Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sreedhar, Dantam" <da...@deshaw.com> on 2004/12/05 15:21:22 UTC

Performance hit (if any) using setUseCompoundFile option

Hi,

We are using Lucene 1.3 final version. As we faced too many files open
problem, we have used setUseCompoundFile option. Please let me know, are
there any performance hit because of using the setUseCompoundFile
option?

Thanks,
-Sreedhar

Re: Performance hit (if any) using setUseCompoundFile option

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 5, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Sreedhar, Dantam wrote:
> We are using Lucene 1.3 final version. As we faced too many files open
> problem, we have used setUseCompoundFile option. Please let me know,
> are
> there any performance hit because of using the setUseCompoundFile
> option?

Or how about you tell us if you feel any performance degradation when
you try it?  :)

I believe the performance degradation is negligible.

	Erik